Dust cleaner saves $104,760 a year on Cat 6060 elements!
If there’s one trial we’re rather keen on, it is the test that Kinross Gold, owners of the Tasiast Mauritanie Limited Mine in Mauritania has given to our Power Ram precleaner units on their shovel fleet.
Approximately three quarters of Mauritania is desert or semi-desert which of course means serious issues with dust.
The dust at mine sites in this part of the world has to be seen to be believed.
Tasiast has fitted the Power Ram units to their Cat 6060 shovel on the engine air intake breather box with adaptors that we have also provided.
The shovel has two breather boxes so the trial had one fitted with the Power Ram pre cleaner units and the other has been retained as the OEM standard.
Results have been outstandingly in favour of the Power Ram as it has provided a 200% increase in service life, thereby reducing the element change-out from 145 a year to just 49.
- The element cost saving on the Cat 6060 works out to $104,760 a year.
- The extended Intake element change intervals means a direct impact on operational costs with savings in reduced downtime and maintenance
- There’s a huge reduction in the mine’s environmental impact.
- The cleanliness of the intake air will increase component life and machine reliability.
These turbo pre-cleaners are made in the U.S. and are adaptable to all items of machinery.
They stand head and shoulders above any other that we have come across – so if dust is an issue at your site, may we urge you to give them a try – they really will save maintenance time and money.
Our expert on these and other filtration items is Michael Murphy, our contamination control contact.
He’s extremely knowledgeable on this subject and can help you to trial equipment so that you can prove to yourself what savings are possible.
He can be contacted on:
(08) 9479 4988 or 0413 480 114